Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Latest Addition


Meet A New Writer

SUZANNE ROBERTS

I didn't begin writing until around a year ago when I retired. I had taught English as a Second Language. I loved the job because I enjoyed my students, was able to know people from different countries, and learned about their homelands and their traditions. Best of all, the students were very motivated. As one of my students said, "I have a passion to learn English!"


I've always loved reading, so I decided to try writing. By writing I discovered an entirely different world, a world where I could escape from reality by creating stories and characters that came alive to me. I used memories to invent these people. Some stories were okay while others were awful, but the thrill is in creating the stories, and, hey, I can't stop now!

Favorite authors and books:
Atonement by Ian McEwen
The Catcher in the Rye
by J. D. Salinger
A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
March by Geraldine Brooks

Other favorites activities:
Snorkeling, Hiking, and Llama Treks

Suzanne's first posting follows.

No comments: