Sunday, June 8, 2008

Brian Butler



I've been editing and revising my dark, urban fantasy novel, D1SORD3R, for much longer than it took me to write it. The more I work on it, the more it haunts me. I'm reminded of what Winston Churchill once said about writing a novel: "To begin with, it was a toy, an amusement; then it became a mistress, then a master and then a tyrant."

And a tyrant it has become, occupying every spare moment of my life. To stay sane, I have taken small breaks to pen several short stories--although one has been growing into a novella on its own accord.

I also have another suspense novel, which I am smack dab in the middle of writing and hope to have complete by the end of the year. I have outlined eight more book ideas, so I don't see the madness ending anytime soon.

1 comment:

WritePersona said...

Great photo Brian! What a head of ideas you have. I enjoy reading the stories that haunt you, and they are haunting...
Bonnie